For my family and me, we are always looking to make small changes to better our health. After my cancer journey, I began the process of eliminating additives, preservatives and chemicals from my home. My attention turned instantly to what we were consuming in our daily diet. Fortunately, we had already made the investment in filtered water so my focus was on the food.
I found it difficult to find recipes for natural and healthy treats that could satisfy but were also quick and easy. So I started writing my own. As a mum to a toddler, it is important that I don’t spend too much time in the kitchen. These Cranberry and Cashew bars are very simple and easy, and will achieve a delicious result! Full of flavour, free from ‘nasties’ and YUM!
Make, Slice Enjoy!
Cranberry & Cashew Snack Bars
You Will Need:
1 Cup Dried Cranberries
½ Cup Pitted Dates
½ Cup Raw Cashews
½ Cup Boiling Water
¼ Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
Square Baking Tin
- Using a small glass bowl, place the Cashews and Sunflower Seeds. Pour in boiling water, mix, and let sit for 10 minutes
- In your food processor add the Cranberries and Dates. Lightly process
- Drain the water from the Cashews and Sunflower seeds. Add into the food processor and mix on high speed until combine
- Line your square baking tin with baking paper
- Pour in the mixture and using a spatula or butter knife, press down evenly into the tin achieving a 1 cm thickness
- Set in the freezer for one hour
- Remove from freezer and slice into bars of desired size
- To store – keep refrigerated in an airtight container
*Article and photo by Riarna Springbett