Breakfast. It’s important. Essential for refuelling your energy stores and rebooting the metabolism ready for the day ahead. Although, it seems to be the one meal that frequently gets forgotten. Mornings can get chaotic, life gets busy and eating can be the last thing on your mind.
Begin your day the healthy way with Savoury Breakfast Muffins. Eaten cold or warm, they are a simple and easy. Prepare in advance and all you have to do is grab one and dash out the door! Totally nut-free and vegetarian, but also versatile enough that you could make additions if you desire.
Get a little creative, add in some shredded chicken or salmon for an added protein boost. A healthy breakfast that will set you up to make great nutritious choices for the rest of the day.
There is no excuse when it is this easy! Enjoy!
Savoury Breakfast Muffins
You Will Need:
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1 Large Ripe Tomato
- 2 stalks of Spring Onion
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Silicone Patty Pans
- Muffin Trays
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Thoroughly wash all your vegetables (Using your Puratap)
- Whisk the eggs until combined and set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, salt and pepper
- Add in the eggs and fold through
- Roughly dice the spring onion, parsley and tomato and add to the bowl
- Gently fold through the grated zucchini and continue to stir until well combined
- Place the silicone patty pans into the holes of the muffin tray. Alternatively, you can line your muffin tray with baking paper
- Using a tablespoon, spoon your mixture into the patty pans until they are full
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and let cool before consuming
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to one week, or wrap individually for an easy grab and go option in the morning
*Article and photo by Riarna Springbett